Sunday, May 29, 2016

Preliminaries: Getting Prepared for the Big Day, June 7, 2016


So what this blog will be about is my knee replacement surgery and recovery. Presently it is scheduled for June 7, 2016, at Miami Valley South, Centerville, Ohio. My Dr. will be Dennis Brown, who is scheduled for his own knee replacement surgery on June 13.  I have known Dennis for a good number of years, as I played tennis with him on Saturday mornings during the summer years ago at Kettering Tennis Center. Dennis had the hardest serve around, but if I could wait him out and let him make the mistakes, I could usually leave a winner. A cautious and defensive winner I must add.

My purpose in all of this is to chronicle what it is like to undergo knee replacement form the patient's perspective. It is somewhat complicated by the fact that my wife Kaye is recovering from a rather horrific accident; falling off the roof October 16, 2015, and fracturing her skull while also breaking her leg.  She is getting better, but  things are not by any means normal.  The issue of timing is one in which I need to get this done now if I am to teach again starting with the fall term, 2016 that begins around August 25. We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment